Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Please, pay attention in school...

It has recently come to my attention how important spelling skills are to the human race. Sure, everyone makes a typo now and then, flips the occasional letter or mixes up a word or two. However, sometimes these mistakes really define people.

I shake my head when driving down the road and the local farmers stand has "canaloupes" for sale. Silly rednecks, they can't pronounce their T's.

I laughed hysterically when I noticed that a friend posted her wedding photos. She had numerous pictures when her and her husband were exchanging their "vowels." What's a wedding without your A-E-I-O- & U's?

I see a bunch when I file papers at work. It's always nice when employees get "vary good" comments on their evals and such. There are "acceptions" of course, not every employee is a shinning star.

While standing in line at the UNF campus, I felt some serious irony when I noticed one spelling mistake. The administration wanted the students to be "courtouse" of others, and turn off their cell phones while standing in line. You'd expect more from a college environment...

My best guy friend Jymez is classic for making spelling mistakes. Let me remind you that he's a graduate from the University of Florida majoring in Biology and Chemistry and know all kinds of isotopes and molecules and things I'll never be able to wrap my brain around. I just want to point out that he still has the statement "...'gock' over this awesome body..." on his myspace. Way to go Jymez :)

The best by far happened to me today. While thumbing through the time off requests, one in particular caught my eye for some reason. A second glance proved me right. An associate needed a special schedule because, and I quote "I have two 'testes' on Monday." Who knew that in just two letters, you could change medical procedures into genitals....

Did I mention all of these mistakes were made by well-educated, grown adults?

Enjoying it everyday,
The Tiney Weenie

No comments: