Sunday, December 14, 2008

Graduation

Well it finally happened, Sister finally graduated and what a (4 day) weekend it was. Well let's start from the beginning...


Friday morning....

The phone rings at 8:07 a.m. waking my somewhat-hungover self up. Seriously? My alarm isn't supposed to go off for another half hour or so. Behold it's my mother in somewhat freak-out mode asking my 20 questions...
"What time are you leaving?"
"Are we picking you up?"
"Who's getting Todd?"
"Who has the tickets?"
"Why haven't you figured out the plans yet?"

I don't know the answers to those questions...but I do know I get to sleep for 30 more minutes and THEN deal with it.

Later that morning I have a short text convo with Dad.
"Are we picking you up?"
-"Nope"
"K."

If only both parents were so simple.

So I crawl out of bed. Toast a bagel. Jump on Michelle in her bed. And the morning gets started.
Rush out the door, swing by and pick up Todd, and zip off to UNF.

Despite the fact that Sister forgot her tassel at home, my bad driving almost killed us, and we were running late, she walked with her fellow graduates on time and with a tassel.


Friday Afternoon....

After we had lunch with the family I fought weekend traffic back to Orange Park to what I thought was a simple podiatrist appointment. I was horribly mistaken.

"I'm not sure what exactly you did to your foot. We are going to need to take some x-rays to find out more. Until then we are going to put this really inconvenient boot on your foot for a whole week. It's ugly, uncomfortable, and you're going to hate it however I feel it's necessary to prevent further injury."

...Ok so that probably wasn't a direct quote, but thats definitely how I perceived it. No joke this is the SECOND time my podiatrist has ruined a good "cute shoe night." Instead of my black leather knee-high boots, I had to settle for ONE left black flip-flop and a post-operative boot. Thanks.



Friday Night....

Boot or not the celebratory part of the evening went fairly well. Sister chose to go to Harmonious Monks to kick off the festivities. There was lots of beer, music, and dancing on the chairs. Don't worry, it's totally allowed.





Afterwards we were persuaded into going to a little post-party back in the Island. The plans kinda fell through, so we decided to go home.

"Um Sister, we can't leave yet."
-"Why?"
"I don't have any keys..."

True story. I have a bad habit of losing my keys, and it chose tonight to haunt me. Regardless, it was about 3:30am before we got back home.


The rest of the weekend went a bit more smoothly. Yesterday we had some family come up from Tampa and we had a big dinner, watched some hockey, groaned over the heisman ceremony, and had a really nice bonfire. Oh, I can't forget the homemade limoncello - good stuff :). Oh, and I found out this morning that my keys were under a pair of shoes at our friends place. Random, but not shocking for me at all.

Hanging out in my post-operative boot,
The Tiney Weenie

No comments: