Thursday, September 18, 2008

It's About Time

click. send. score.

It is a rare opportunity that one would get the chance to send their own permanent transfer information via email, and let me tell you I thoroughly enjoyed it. As of Saturday, September 27th I will be the Administrative Coordinator at 128 - in Publix talk that means I'll be working at the Oakleaf store right by my house.

I'm tickled, I really am. I get to meet a slew of new associates, a new range of customers, and I get to reunite with some old friends.

But there are some things I'm definitely going to miss about 502. I'll miss Manny's daily greetings, Steve's intellectual conversations, and Mrs. Jenny's hugs - oh and her strawberry bread. I'll miss the smells. Which sounds weird but my office always smelled like melons in the morning and I kinda liked that. I'll miss opening the store with Alex on Saturday mornings, eating breakfast treats and delaying my payroll as much as possible so I could hangout in the office with him. These people are like my second family - all 180 of them, and I know so much about them. Birthdays, children, granchildren, vacation spots, spouses, the works. I've been there through pregnancies, graduations, weddings, & promotions and I've watched dozens of the "little ones" turn the big 1-8, some of which I even hired.

I'm sure my new store will have similar experiences, I just have to give it a chance. It's time to get personal 128!

Looking forward,
The Tiney Weenie

No comments: