Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Work

6:45 am - Alarm goes off - Tiney is up.

  • Off to Publix I go. 8:30am - I'm there
  • About 1/4 of the store didn't punch in - Wasn't time clock punching 101 part of your curriculum?
  • File evaluations.
  • Run a register.
  • "What do you mean you didn't get the transfer request? I emailed it to you twice! No, I will not send it again, check your friggin' inbox."
  • File some more.
  • Open a register again.
  • "Sure I'll be glad to send you her information now. I'm glad you and your store manager found the transfer request last week, approved it, and never called. Thanks for all you do!" Genius.
zip home. quick bite. change clothes. Round 2.

  • Off to Express. 5:00pm - I'm there.
  • "Can I help you find anything?" NO. "Do you need help finding your size?" NO.
  • Fine, didn't really want to help you anyways.
  • These are too long "Here, try some in short." These are too short ... Well get yourself a new pair of legs darling!
  • Some marketing bimbo at corporate emails up and says signs need to changed by opening tomorrow.
  • Not bad - except that 33 men's 1MX dress shirts need to be folded.
  • About 5 min. to refold a shirt correctly x 33 shirts - you do the math.
  • 12:04am - finally punch out.
  • Too late, still locked in the mall. SECURITY!

1:39am - still going, but fading fast.

Clearly I'm out of my mind to have two jobs and be a student.
Just another day, full of aching feet and throbbing back pain.

Doing it again tomorrow,
Tiney

No comments: