Monday, March 9, 2009

15 All Over Again

Today I had some serious flashbacks to when I was 15. I got a new car and I had to learn how to drive all over again. Let me start from the beginning.

I graduate from UNF this December and as a grad present my Dad wanted to surprise me with a new car :) But instead of just randomly picking one, slapping a big red bow on top, and driving it to my grad ceremony, he decided it might be smarter to let me pick it out. So today we went looking, and there sitting in front of me was the cutest Gecko Green VW Beetle. Exactly what I wanted. One catch - it's a manual. "It's alright," I thought to myself "I've driven manuals before, I can do this."

Wanna know the one perk about being in a crappy economy we are now? You can get a super good deal on a new car. In, Sign, Drive, Done.

Except the drive part. Clearly I was not as talented and coordinated as I expected because I couldn't even drive the car off the lot!! Off to an industrial road we go and about an hour later and a gazillion stall-outs I was only feeling a little better.

My wonderful and trustworthy father drove back to OP, there was no way I was going to make it through 5 o'clock rush hour traffic!! Dinner @ La Nop and an hour later I'm back at it in my partents neighborhood just trying to start the darn thing. After a few frustrating stall-outs I was reflecting for a moment and I literally felt 15 all over again.

Tiney @ 15 (car lessons w/ Dad part 1) "Tiney, you need to hit the breaks when making those turns. Now you're not giving it enough gas. Stop playing with the radio. Tiney, pay attention!"

Tiney @ 21 (car lessons w/ Dad part 2) "Tiney, what gear are you in? You're not giving it enough gas. Put your cell phone down, you don't have friends! Tiney, pay attention!"

Does anyone else see a pattern here?? Oh Dads, you gotta love them!

BTW, this is the new Beetle. It's name is Ringo and I love him!

lovin my Dad and STILL learning how to drive,
The Tiney Weenie

No comments: